Develop your business acumen and leadership skills to run a business or build a new one. This program will equip you to lead more effectively, grow your career, and help to make better decisions for yourself and for your organization, whether as an employee or as a new business owner.
What does being a CA make you?
The Chartered Accountancy qualification opens the door to a vast range of exciting career opportunities, in every sector of business and finance, both in Zimbabwe and internationally. Chartered Accountants are in constant demand both at home and abroad, being recognized for their technical competence, professional standards, and veracity.
How will you benefit from enrolling in this course
- This program will give you an initial step towards a good academic basis in the field of accounting, financial management, taxation, and auditing.
- Offers a fast track to qualify for a ICAZ CTA program
Different roles or pathways of CAs
BCTA Student Roadmap to CA(Z)
The Bridging Course to the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (BCTA) is a program designed to help people who desire to become Chartered Accountants (CAs) but could not do so in the past because they did not meet the minimum entry requirements into the Certificate in the Theory of Accounting (CTA).
A relevant accounting degree older than 5 years or a degree in commerce for example in Banking and Finance, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply etc.
We launched the BCTA program in January 2021 and our pioneer class had a total enrolment of 67 students. The turnout signaled that there are a lot of people to whom the door to the CA profession is closed out and they have been waiting for such opportunity. Since then, we have noticed an increase in the number of applicants to the program.
BCTA has two enrolment periods per annum, January and July intakes. Our application periods are March to
July for the July intake and October to December for the January intake.
BCTA is a part time program done over a period of ten months which comprises of two semesters. The lectures are conducted over the weekends to suit the needs of our students and avoid interfering with their work commitments since the carte balance of them are a working class. The mode of lecture delivery is a blended learning approach entailing both online lectures and physical contact sessions which are conducted in line with WHO and government COVID 19 requirements. The BCTA exams are physically written at our various exam
canters around the country. Program structure The BCTA program has twelve modules, and students can enroll for a maximum of 6 modules and a minimum of 4 modules in any semester. Passing BCTA enables one to register for either CTA level 1 or CTA Fulltime. Students who pass the program with a minimum mark of 70% across all modules are eligible to go straight to CTA level 2, therefore they will be exempted from doing CTA level
The BCTA program has twelve modules, and students can enroll for a maximum of 6 modules and a minimum of 4 modules in any semester. Passing BCTA enables one to register for either CTA level 1 or CTA Fulltime. Students who pass the program with a minimum mark of 70% across all modules are eligible to go straight to CTA level 2, therefore they will be exempted from doing CTA level 1. What follows is the list of modules offered per semester.
First semester modules
• Governance and control
• Corporate Finance
• Introduction to IFRS
• Financial Accounting
• Business Law
Second semester modules
• Advanced Auditing
• Investment analysis
• Management Accounting and Decision making
• Advanced Financial reporting
• Vat mechanics
• Corporate and individual Tax
Who has been enrolling for BCTA so far?
Students have been coming from the faculty of commerce, with a large number of the clients already working so they come with work experience already that they will be applying during the course. However, the program is not designed for those who have work commitments alone. We are starting to see more students coming straight from university enrolling for BCTA. So, we can safely say the program is for anyone from the faculty of commerce. The program has attracted clients with degrees in Banking & Finance, marketing, business management, economics etc
How to apply for CAA programs
- Enjoy the convenience of applying online for our programs. Visit our website www.caa.ac.zw and select the “apply now’ tab.
- Complete and submit the application form online.
What you will need for your application.
- Scanned copies of National Identification
- Proof of residence
- Scanned copies of your education certificates and transcripts
- Application fee You will receive a response to your application in 7 working days.
To be able to access our fee’s structure Visit our website www.caa.ac.zw and go to the downloads section
What it covers
- Exam fee: (You don’t have to pay an additional exam fee to when writing exams
- Tuition fee
- Learning Material (Course Modules and Question Banks)
- Campus Wi-Fi
- Study facility through use of our campus library
- Study Coaching by an experienced international study coach
- Additional support: our lectures give additional support through consults; students can book for online consults where they have a chance to go one on one with lectures explaining to them on complex concepts.
- All extra-curricular activities