HOW TO APPLY
An advert for the articles will be circulated on the CAA website, social media platforms. CVs are sent to email@example.com
NUMBER OF INTAKES PER YEAR
There are two intakes of trainees per year are done that between December and January. the second intake is between April and May.
Prospective candidates should be holders of a Certificate in Theory of Accounting (CTA).
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
Duration of the training program is 36 months.
ROBUST TRAINING PROGRAM
During the three-year training period trainees will be attached at CAA with secondment opportunities at our sister company Training and Advisory Services (TAS). The training program has different facets to it and these include.
- Lecturing –the trainee will be trained and developed to facilitate learning for the CAA clients at different levels from BCTA all the way up to APC. The trainee will be developed in the CAA teaching methodology as well as given room to express their own unique styles of teaching and improve upon the CAA methodology.
- Exams – here the trainee will be trained in exam setting, solution preparation, exam review and marking. The purpose of this training is to develop the trainee technically and provide them with skills that will allow them to go on to become markers and examiners for SAICA and ICAZ.
- Finance – here the trainee will be exposed to the budgeting process, financial planning, and preparation of the management accounts and financial statements of CAA/TAS. Trainees will also be involved and exposed to the auditing cycle by preparing the CAA/TAS audit files.
- Business Development – here the trainees will be exposed to and be part of teams coming up with business proposals to help grow CAA/TAS given that CAA/TAS are still in the growth phase of the business life cycle. They will also be tasked with managing small business projects that CAA run for example the SSR project, CAA Annual Dinner, Integritas to mention just a few. This will help in developing their planning and entrepreneurial skills.
- Research – here the trainees will be trained and developed on research skills through working on technical articles that will be published through Chartered Accountants Academy Business School (CBS) thought leadership as well as developing and participating in courses run by the CBS. They will also be asked to participate in Exposure draft opinions from IFAC which will help keep them at the fore front of all the standard changes in the industry.
- Trainees will also be exposed the ICAZ technical committees under the guidance of senior members of staff. This again keeps the CAA/TAS trainee abreast and at the fore front of changes within the CA environment.
- Advisory – Trainees will be exposed to preparation of IFRS technical opinion papers for clients as well as review of financial statements during their time of secondment with TAS.