The journey to become a Chartered Accountant Zimbabwe, CA(Z) begins with the Zimbabwe Certificate in Theory of Accounting (ZCTA) which is an entrance to professional exams. At Chartered Accountants Academy, we are proud to have contributed to this profession by assisting students obtain the academic qualification required. Our CTA program has been the leading brand in Zimbabwe over the past eight years. For one to be accepted for CTA, one should be a holder of a not more than 3 years old Accounting degree accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Zimbabwe (ICAZ). If you do not meet these entry requirements, this does not mean your dream to be CA(Z) is over. We have a solution for you. The Chartered Accounts Academy (CAA) is offering a Bridging course to the Certificate in Theory of Accounting (BCTA). This is ten-month course that enables one to gain the knowledge and skills required to be accepted for CTA. A holder of a BCTA certificate will therefore be eligible to apply for CTA.
Application for BCTA will open from August to November each year, and students’ registration will be done in December
People who have the following qualifications are encouraged to apply for BCTA:
- A Bachelors Accounting degree that was acquired more than 3 years ago.
- Non-Accounting Bachelor’s degree in the Faculty of Commerce.
The course will be Part time programme which will be a full blended program, i.e. main lectures and other activities done online, with revision classes being held before each test and examination. Examinations will be run physically in test centres around the country.
Other support material includes weekly study plans, online consultation, and chatrooms via our online learning platform MyCAA and a personal coach/mentor
The programme will run for 10 months comprising of two semesters each of 4 months each and one-month semester break. The programme will start in mid-February to end of May, then the second semester runs from July to October.
Benefits of enrolling for BCTA
- BCTA is a pathway into the CA profession.
- Completing the program opens a wide range of career opportunities.
- The BCTA program will be presented by highly experienced lecturers who are qualified chartered accountants as well as qualified tutors.
- You will have exposure to new and continuously developing technologies, which include QuickBooks and Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
- The CTA qualification is widely regarded as prestigious. Completing BCTA opens doors for admission into prestigious clubs where thought leaders interact.